7 May 2012

Final

Death-Moon

It’s a thought that comes unbidden in the night

That my journey through the fourth dimension

Will one day come to an abrupt end

That having reached my final destination

Death’s black empty caul will cover my eyes

And silence will coat my flesh, my bones

What will I feel on that day of certainty?

Will I plead for one more hour on earth?

Will I turn to a God I’ve never known?

I turn my face from these thoughts

Press my head to the pillow and try to forget

.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sincerity to explore the fear that creeps on us in the night, the needles in our bed and the tendency and the questions that escape in the high spheres of longing.

    "On this narrow planet, we have only the choice between two unknown worlds. One of them tempts us - ah! what a dream, to live in that! - the other stifles us at the first breath."
    - Colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful comment Lolita.

    ReplyDelete