26 March 2012

Coffee

coffee_BLK

I like to take my time in the morning. Set myself up for the perfect day. I need to smoke and drink my coffee before I’m ready to face this imperfect world. Cause life is hard, but so am I. I’ll do some living before I snuff it. Nothing and no-one will drag me down – I’ve been there before, but never again. They say I’m a freak – they say I’m a creep. I keep my own council, I’m nothing like them. I know beauty when I see it and I see it most everywhere. I know ugly too and I hear it everywhere. In the mouths of innocents and on the tongues of the not so innocent as they curse and slander the angels who walk among them stepping high with the good vibe - riding tall with the sun in their hair.

I got empathy for those angels who cut it with a smile in this hell hole, but I don’t take sides no more. I’m a one man army – I long ago realized that everybody is pretty much the same – and that ain’t a compliment. When it gets to the nitty gritty we are all dogs and we eat dogs. That’s why I keep myself to my myself. There are plenty who know me by name, but so very few who know who I am. I have a smoke and drink my coffee before I’m ready to face this imperfect world and I’ll kick ass if I have to. Cause life is hard, but so am I.

.

4 comments:

  1. Kick ass piece. Very cool and right in the zone

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I'm like before my coffee and a smoke... I'm like a bear with a severe anti social personality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm gonna start taking asses & kickin names...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it, John. I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete