20 January 2012

Big Bang

big-bang-universo3

It all began with my big bang

That sudden realization

Of the loose arrangement

That binds the race

In instinctual obligation

.

I was fully funemployed

In the summer of my daydreams

Picking she loves me knots – buttercups

With no thought for tomorrows

Tomorrows never come

Cast me out

I have a dreamer’s disease

Fleet of feet

I am a philistine

And a cannibal

.

My light comes from within

I got a cut rate education

Stolen from between the sheets

Of borrowed books

I’m an autodidactic

Musical hall visionary

In the insane old business

Called slow business

.

I learned in my big bang

During the secret war

Of the loose configuration

That binds the race

Into mutually assured destruction

.

The charm has since worn thin

The antidote to glamour

Is working for a living

Everything is hard work

Slacking is the hardest of all

Mind numbing boredom

Scoops your insides out

Fills the spaces with dust

.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely admire this radical literary strategy, the mastery to penetrate through self exposure the negative of the contemporary citizen mental photograph. Didactic in a fancy nonchalant way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me, fancy, but nonchalant ;)

    ReplyDelete