8 October 2011

The Drinker Drunker

Drinker_Drunk

The drinker I’m drunk

The thinker I’m thunk

The further away I am from home

The further away from everything

The further away from everyone

The further away from the future

The further away from the past

The further away from Jesus

The further away from me – at last

The universe is suspended in aspic

It wobbles as I walk and I don’t want to walk too far

The jelly legs of freedom have their limitations

The freedom of my confinement is temporary

And illusionary

But I know that by now

The drinker I drunk – the less I feel

But I can still hear them drowning cats crying

Is that some childhood memory calling to me?

Is that something I should remember?

Or something I’m trying to forget?

 

The drinker I’m drunk

The harder it gets to remember

The drinker I’m drunk

The harder it gets to forget

But I can still hear them drowning cats crying

The drinker I’m drunk

.

No comments:

Post a Comment